Hot air is the technology where hot air is blown between layers of material through a nozzle and where rollers press the preheated surfaces together.
Hot air is another technology for joining plastic materials.
Advantages with hot air:
+ Can be used for non-dielectric materials
+ Advantageously used as a complement to HF for finishing bigger structures and for patches
Disadvantages with hot air:
– Difficult or impossible to remake the weld if the result is not satisfactory
– Requires a skilled operator
– Noisy process which creates hazardous fumes/gas and requires an evacuation system
– Does not work well on thicker materials (materials heavier than 1000 g/m²)
– Difficult to create welds that are air-, liquid-, and gas-tight